Week 7 Activities
- Create polls about how people get to school or work, or favorite school subject or …..
- What is your weekly timetable like, compare with other students – time you start and finish school, number of lessons each day, breaks during the day, days in year you go to school
- Choices of subjects at school – remember to explain abbreviations you might use eg LOTE , ELA
- Your dream of what you will be doing once you leave school
- If you were principal for a week, what would you do? If you were a teacher for a week, what would you do?
- Research the history of your school and create an about my school page
- Research a famous person who attended your school
- Technology in your school
- What do you do at break times?
- School bell has gone – what do you do now?
- Food you eat at school – what is in your lunchbox or your school meal – good activity for taking photos
- If you could improve your school, what would you do?
- Your ideal school – maybe include a map of what it would look like
- How has schooling changed over the last 100 years? Maybe interview parents, grandparents and ask questions about schooling – use an audio app then embed in blog
- The view outside your classroom window – maybe explain plants that might be seen, the weather, seasons etc
- Hold a debate about uniforms or school starting times or subjects or …..
- Anything else that relates to schooling around the world
Week 6 Activities
- Go to any one of the student/class blog, go to the blog list he/she included in his/her blog, go to any one of the blog from that list, leave a comment on an interesting post. Pick 3 blogs this way and write three comments. Finally write a post which includes comments on all three blogs and why you chose them.
- Go to the flipboard, choose three published posts and comment on them. Again make a post in your blog why you chose them for comments.
- Write a separate post about commenting that includes these things:
- What have you enjoyed about commenting?
- What is annoying about commenting?
- How have you found interesting posts to comment on?
- Are your posts getting lots of quality comments? Why or why not?
Create a list of great comment starters to help new students to blogging.
Another thing to consider is…….
I can relate to this…….
This makes me think of…….