Due date: Monday March 19
Due date: Friday March 30
Debate 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Summary
Cheap vs Expensive
- variety of things
- trying out new things makes you more curious
- reusing is easy
- no more status conscious
- loosing stuff doesn’t hurt your feelings
- you are less careful about your stuff
- donation is easy
- cheap things can also be of better quality; finding such things improves your critical thinking
- no worries of getting cheated because branded things always have their copies
- better quality
- lasts long
- has more features
- trusted as it is made by professionals
- no fear of wasting money
- guarantee for health and safety
- You get more responsible because you need to look after your stationaries when you move from room to room.
- You learn time management skill.
- You don’t feel bored of the same style of teaching from one teacher.
- When you move from room to room, you exercise and get healthier.
- Usually subject teachers are expert in their field so they can give more in depth knowledge of their subject.
- You meet with different people and get more knowledge about their personalities and culture.
- You make more friends when you study in different classes.
- You get to bond more with your teacher and classmates.
- You enjoy more positive class culture.
- You get less chances of being bullied.
- You get less homework.
- Your teacher knows your strengths and weaknesses and helps you better.
- You are more relaxed and not tired by running around for each and every class.
Computer Technology Beneficial or Harmful
Computer Technology Is Beneficial
- Helps you research about any topic easily.
- Helps you become more responsible.
- Great medium to express your creativity.
- Helps you communicate with people easily.
- Helps you make online purchases.
- Helps you visit places while staying at home.
- Helps you learn more through educational videos.
- Helps you get a whole network of info with one purchase.
- You can get the latest update of the world anywhere anytime.
- Helps you establish online business.
- Helps you in more social interaction.
- Helps you save money when online discounts on items are offered you want to purchase.
- Causes bad physical health.
- Causes bad mental health.
- Affects education.
- Teaches violence.
- Causes cyberbullying.
- People might get bad internet friendship.
- With computer technology taking over, people will get lazier and have no physical activity.
- Affects behavior.
- Causes addiction.
- Causes unnecessary distraction.
Should We Go to Mars?
We Should Go to Mars
- We can be inspired to explore more in space.
- We can discover new resources in Mars that can be useful on Mars as well as on Earth.
- We can increase our scientific knowledge and advance in technology faster.
- We can better understand & respect Earth.
- If Earth becomes overpopulated, we can move some people to Mars.
- It takes a long time to go to Mars.
- Risks to life
- 18 out of 68 missions to Mars were successful.
- While take off - Anything can happen.
- While traveling -
No gravity (for a long time) = Physical damage
Star explosions, hit of asteroids, and technical difficulty.
- On Mars -
Suit rips = No oxygen = Instant death
Boil to death and freeze to death
Life support equipment might fail
Mental anguish - Depression, anxiety, etc.
Sand, dust storms, volcanic eruptions, etc.
- Life on Mars won’t be as fun as it sounds.
- It’s better to send robots or rovers to go to Mars to bring back material from Mars to Earth.
- Spend money on saving Earth first.